G325: Critical Perspectives in Media: Globalisation and the Media.
You need to know about Television: the past, present and future of TV. The UK and US are the main focus for us.
Use your textbooks for this work as well as The Internet.
Write a paragraph on each of the following:including each ones past, present and future. Also include: who owns these TV channels, deals with media corporations, examples of TV made, market share, audience, subscription or pay per view?
- UK TV.
- Channel 4
- The BBC and the licence fee. What issues does it face now?
- Public Service broadcasting: PSB.
- Digital TV + The importance of bandwidth to the development of digital TV.
- Pay per View TV
- The future of TV.
- How much TV does the UK export?
- Provide examples of hybrid TV; both US and UK.
- Provide examples of transparent TV; both US and UK.
- What are flexi-narratives.
ABC boss Mark Scott says Peppa Pig and iPads are the future of TV
Netflix Has Massive Effect On The Future Of TV and Movies | The Rubin Report
Outside the Box. Netflix and the future of television. By Ken Auletta