FILM INDUSTRY TERMS
1) Synergy – synergy is the promotion and sale of a product throughout the various subsidiaries of a media conglomerate, e.g. films, soundtracks or video games.
2) Cross Media Convergence -cross-media convergence is the way that different products are produced and distributed on different platforms.
3) Vertical Integration– The big Hollywood Studios not only produced and distributed films, but also operated their own cinemas.
4) Horizontal Integration-The idea of owning many different media outlets e.g. Warner Film Studios owning Time magazine. Complementary businesses.
5) Oligopoly- An industry is dominated by a small number of companies.
6) Exhibition Windows -opportunities to sell the film in a variety of ways. e.g. cinema, DVD, TV etc.
7) Blind booking – cinema must buy all the films a Studio makes without seeing them.
8) Block booking – a cinema must buy films in a block, a group – good and bad- or none at all.
9) The Talent – actors, director,cinematographer etc.
10) Release Pattern – film exhibited widely, globally, platformed; released on a few cinemas, then more if successful.
Take the test at this site http://www.routledge.com/textbooks/9780415454339/flipcards.asp CHOOSE FLIPCARDS