INSTITUTION AND AUDIENCE
1) What film inspired ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’?
2) What was the budget for ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’?
3) What is the box office total so far?
4) What studio produced and distributed the film?
5) What merchandise and spin-off opportunities will there be?
6) What kind of technology is the film using?
DISTRIBUTION, MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
7) What was the box office for the 3-day opening for ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’?
8) How much was spent on marketing ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’?
9) What box office was from domestic and global markets?
10) Who is the target audience for ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’? What tells you this?
11) Was ‘word of mouth’ more important than ‘reviews’? What statistics back this up?
For the advertising Campaign see http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/oz-the-great-and-powerful-has-big-opening/
12) How important is timing the release of a film like this?
13) Detail some of the marketing campaign for the film?
14) What did the studio do to help market the film globally?
15) How important was 3D to this film? What percentage of the box office is from 3D exhibition?
16) From exit polls, who were the audience?
17) How did it perform overseas?
EXHIBITION: VUE CINEMA
18) What does this cinema provide for different audiences?
19) Who owns this cinema?
20) When did multiplex cinemas emerge in the UK? Have they improved cinema attendance?